About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Monday, April 13, 2015

feet only Ryan Gosling could love

After 6 months of training and two marathons, my feet are a hot mess.


Both big toenails are DOA and the joints are achy. My second toenail on my right foot is not long for this world.

I'm convinced I have knots in both arches. Did you know you could get a knot in your foot?

At about mile 11 of a 16 mile run, I seriously considered calling it a day. Both feet were killing me, like mile 25 of a marathon killing me, and I could feel every nerve in my toes as they slammed against the front of my shoes.

It's never been like this before.

I've lost toenails, dealt with achy toe joints and tired feet, but NEVER at the same time.

As soon as the run was done (of course I couldn't give up) I took my sneakers off, took a shower, got dressed, got in the car to go to my kids' swim lessons, and ordered a new pair of shoes in a bigger size. They should be here today. Thank you Amazon Prime.

In the meantime, I'm soaking my feet in a bucket I found in the basement and giving my husband pathetic looks until he gets the hint and rubs my feet.

The struggle is real.

previous post: anyone want to run a free race?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, no! My feet have been kind of achy lately, but I just ignore them LOL. I used to love getting pedicures, but I'm rather attached to my callouses, and I heard a terrifying story about the friend of a friend who contracted something vile out of a pedicure tub at a high-end salon and after a year of casts, surgeries, medications and treatments, had to have her toe amputated. Nope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. goodness gracious! That story is crazy! I've been painting mine at home, mostly to cover up the black toenails :)

    ReplyDelete