About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Product Review: NoxGear Tracer 360 Visibility Vest

This morning, I ran into a dead armadillo on the side of the road.

It took me a good three minutes to stop feeling gross.

I was so busy writing this blog post in my head that I completely forgot it was there.

The things I do for you people.

O.K. enough about roadkill ... I'm here to talk about this...


noxgear's Tracer 360 Visibility Vest

This is the coolest thing I have seen in a very long time.

I'm terrible about visibility. All my winter running clothes are black. From head to toe. Truthfully, it's surprising that I haven't been plowed into by now.

I know this is going to sound crazy but stay with me here: I don't like to draw attention to myself while running. Which is insane because when you run in the dark you SHOULD want people to notice you, so that you know, don't get hit by a car.

I've tried those little blinking lights you attach to your clothing but I was always worried they were going to fall off. I thought about trying a regular reflective vest but seeing them on other runners made me think they're not very comfortable and fit poorly.

Basically, I wanted something that would make me visible in the dark, that was comfortable to wear and fit well.

Enter the Tracer 360.

It combines 360 degree visibility with comfort and functionality. This baby is light, coming in at a paltry 6.5 oz. You hardly even know you're wearing it. The adjustable reflective belt sits right underneath your chest and does not shift or move while running. The flexible fiber optic cables are also adjustable and barely noticeable when not illuminated. The battery pack is padded and shaped perfectly to sit between your shoulders blades. The whole thing is ridiculously comfortable to wear.

The vest and its always cool to the touch cables boast a full color spectrum. You can have solid color or blinking or blinking mutli color. The options are kind of endless. I stuck with boring solid red this morning, primarily because blinking lights freak me out and with the previously mentioned issue with being noticed, I figured red would make me visible but not put me in the "is that an alien?" category.

Seriously, if you run in the dark you NEED this vest. There's no discussion, no questioning - just go and buy it. NOW.

and guess what? The wonderful people at noxgear are offering you, my loyal readers, a discount!

visit www.noxgear.com and use the code RSWK20 (expires 9/30/15) to receive 20% off the Tracer 360 and Tracer 360+!

You have no excuses! Go get illuminated!


previous post: I ran a marathon and then spent a lot of money


Birthday/anniversary/Father's Day/graduation coming up? Read my other reviews here!
Montrail Trail Shoes
UltrAspire Hydration Vest
Altra Zero Drop Shoes
Huma Chia Energy Gel
Simple Hydration bottle
OVERDRIVE Compression Sock + Ice Kit
Jawbone UP (edited to include UP 24)


No comments:

Post a Comment