About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Year in Review: 2015

I'm a little late with this year in review post.

Sorry. I've been busy running, sleeping, eating, and practicing some basic laziness.

Here's the lowdown: 2015 was pretty awesome.

found on theberry.com

1,321.58 miles.

(my most in one year ever).

A year of 100+ mile months.

4 marathons.

(my most in one year ever).

Entry into the 50 States Marathon Club.

Epic.

found on skinnypinkninja.wordpress.com

It was also the year of my first DNS, It took me a good week or two to get over that one. My Mom had to send me a present.

While it was an awesome year, it was also a hard year. Running kept me sane. It gave me an outlet for a whole slew of emotions that threatened to overwhelm me.

There were days I didn't want to run but I did anyway. There were days when I wanted to run but couldn't. Not every run went well but every chance I had to get out and log some miles was perfect.

I haven't firmed up my running plans for 2016 yet. There's not much I can do to improve upon the beauty of 2015 but I am sure going to try :)

Have a happy, safe, and wonderful NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment